Search and verify licenses

Montana License Lookup

If you are searching for a new career, the Montana license lookup can help. The Montana license lookup offers information on the top jobs that require licenses. Whether you want to go into business for yourself or work for an employer, this license lookup will guide you along your career path. Find your new career, meet the requirements, and start working in a job you love with the help of this license lookup.

Montana Alcoholic Beverage Control License

If you want to obtain an off-premises liquor license, you must meet the requirements. First, you can only sell the wine or beer in original packaging. Your establishment must be separate from any companies that have a different liquor license. The alcohol must be stored in an area you’ve identified on your floor plan, and people cannot drink alcohol on your property. If you meet the requirements, you can apply online through the eSTop Business Licenses website.

The state offers an assortment of on-premises licenses, and each has its own set of requirements. For instance, to obtain a City All-Beverages License, you must have a designated bar area. You also need a designated bar area to apply for a City Beer License. However, you also need to have food at your establishment if you want to apply for the wine amendment.

If you want a Restaurant Beer and Wine License, you need to provide on-site dining with individually priced meals. At least 65 percent of your restaurant’s revenue must come from food sales. Your business must have a dining room, kitchen, and employees, and it must serve an evening meal at least four days a week for two hours each day. Those two hours must be between 5 PM and 11 PM.

The Montana Department of Revenue regulates on-premises alcoholic beverage licenses, and you can apply online on the TransAction Portal. The online portal will take you through the entire process of obtaining a license.

Montana Business License

Like many other states, Montana does not have a general business license. However, your company might need a city or county license. You need to contact your local government offices to determine if you need such a license.

You also might need professional and occupational licenses to run your business. You can check with the Montana Department of Labor and Industry to determine if such licenses are required.

The Montana Department of Revenue also offers a one-stop business licensing service for a multitude of companies, including:

  • Lottery businesses
  • Underground storage tank companies
  • Weighing device businesses
  • Petroleum dealers
  • Nursery businesses
  • Retail and wholesale tobacco companies
  • Retail food establishments

You can use the eSTop Business License Online Service to get these licenses.

If you work in agriculture, you’ll need to get a license from the Department of Agriculture. The Department of Agriculture will walk you through the process to get your license if you are a commodity dealer, run a feed program, are a seed dealer, and more.

Regardless of where you obtain your license from, you do need to register your business first. Once your company is registered, and you have your EIN, you can start the process of getting your business license.

Montana Contractor License

Montana requires that all manager-managed limited liability companies, corporations, and construction contractors with employees register with the Montana Department of Labor and Industry. The registration acts as a contractor license so you can legally do business in the state.

You can register by submitting the Construction Contractor Registration form to the Montana Department of Labor and Industry. You must include a declarations page or a certificate of insurance with your application showing you are in compliance with the state’s workers’ compensation laws. You will also need the full name, social security number, and mailing address of each owner, partner, member, manager, or corporate officer.

Montana Insurance License

If you want to become an insurance producer in Montana, you must meet the licensing requirements. Begin by taking the licensure test through Pearson VUE. You must submit your fingerprints to go through a background check. Then, you can apply for your license on the National Insurance Producer Registry website. Once you receive it, you can start selling insurance in Montana.

Montana Medical License

Do you want to become a doctor in Montana? Start by graduating from an approved medical school. Then, you must complete your residency program. Upon completion, you’ll be ready to take your exam. Montana accepts the USMLE and other approved exams. Finally, you have to be of good moral character and know how to communicate in English. If you meet the requirements, apply for your medical license through the Montana Board of Medical Examiners.

Montana Nursing License

If you want to get a Montana nursing license, you must choose between an LPN, RN, or APRN. You will need to complete an approved nursing program to become an LPN or RN. LPN applicants must take the NCLEX-PN, while RN applicants have to take the NCLEX-RN. Candidates also must submit their fingerprints. Then, they can apply for a nursing license through the Montana Board of Nursing.

If you want to make even more money, you can work toward an APRN license. You need to get your RN license and earn a graduate-level degree in your nursing specialty of choice. You also have to take the appropriate exam to earn your national certification. Then, you can submit your fingerprints and apply through the Montana Board of Nursing.

Montana Professional License

The Montana Department of Labor issues professional licenses for residents. You can use the government website to find the regulations for professions that include architects, chiropractors, private security officers, public accountants, and more. Simply choose your occupation and follow the guidelines to receive your license.

Montana Real Estate Agent License

You need to obtain a Montana Real Estate Salesperson license to sell real estate in the state. You must be at least 18 years old and have a minimum of two years of high school credits. If you don’t have high school credits, the state will accept the equivalent. You also have to take 60 hours of pre-licensing education. The education must be completed within the last 24 months of applying for licensure. After you take the pre-licensing courses, you’ll be ready to sit for the Montana Real Estate Salesperson Examination. Pass it and then enter into a contractor or employment agreement with a licensed broker. The broker needs to have a supervising broker endorsement. After you meet the requirements, you can apply via the Montana Board of Realty Regulation.

US License Lookup by State